Monday, February 6, 2012

Pickin'

So I guess I wasn't technically picking, but I've been inspired by watching American Pickers! I love the history and information in the show, but I especially love when they get a good deal on something and can make some money on it. Last weekend Tom and I took the boy on a walk to some of the shops up the street. There are quite a few antique shops that we like to wander around. In one of them, Tom saw something that caught his attention. It's a wall-hanging that has 3 instruments on it, a thermometer, a barometer and a hygrometer. Tom didn't end up getting it since he wasn't sure if it worked or not. After talking to his Grandpa I decided I would go back and buy it for him. Tom's grandpa has all sorts of cool old tools  and he assured me that if it's in good shape and in working order, it would be worth it. Sure enough when I went back it was still there and from what I could tell it works! Also, I found a plate stand that I'm going to use to store our produce. One little bowl doesn't hold it all, so hopefully this will! I still have to get some plates to go in it and possible paint it, so I'll have to post updated pictures once I do. The plate stand was $10 and the instrument was $15. I asked for both for $20 and she agreed! I was so nervous to even ask, but I felt like a regular negotiator after all the hours of watching American Pickers and Pawn Stars :) A very successful antiquing trip!


This is the barometer 


This is the hygrometer


 The thermometer

 My plate stand/produce storage


No comments: