Monday, February 13, 2012

Homemade Sweet Potato Fries

I found this recipe over at www.theartofdoingstuff.com via Pinterest and knew I had to try it out asap! Yesterday for lunch I whipped up a pretty large batch of these sweet potato fries and Sriracha Mayo Dip. They were delicious! I loved that they were baked, with a little bit of olive oil, so much healthier than the deep-fried sweet potato fries you'd get at a restaurant! I gave some to Jack and he couldn't get enough of them. :)

Don't these look yummy! The thin layer of corn starch really gives it a light crispiness that I'd really only expect from frying. I also made the dip but didn't get any pictures of it , oops! The recipe didn't call for any salt on the fries, but after they were done baking I sprinkled a tad of salt on them and tossed them around a bit. Also, I added a bit more sriracha to the dip because I like things spicy. ;) If you give it a go let me know how you like them too! Enjoy!

No comments: