Thursday, March 1, 2012

DIY Owl Clock Design

 A few months ago I picked up this ugly clock from the thrift shop for $3.99. I took the gamble that with a fresh battery in it, it would be in working order. Sure enough as soon as I got home, I popped one in and it started ticking away. I've been wanting to make a clock for Jack's room, so I decided to make an owl since he has a "woodland theme" room.  I found this pattern for a felt owl Christmas ornament and was able to use the shapes from that to make mine out of paper. I resized her pdf pattern and decided to just draw the individual shapes on some white cardstock and color them with Prismacolor pencils. I used a gluestick to put the owl together. Then, I used some denim fabric I had to make the background and used double-sided tape to attach the owl to the denim. I used a light blue fabric paint to make the dots for the hours. I'm pleased with how it turned out, and I especially love how Jack says "whoo whoo" when he walks in his room and it catches his eye. ☺

Sitting on Jack's bookshelf, waiting to be hung up. 




Hanging on the wall.

We also hung up Jack's craft from Storytime this week. He loves trains (or anything "transportation" for that matter) so I thought we should showcase his glue-ing handiwork ☺

No comments: