Thursday, January 12, 2012

Back on the Blogwagon

So, Tom's been actively posting on his blog, and he's inspired me to do the same. :)

Right now I'm at home with a sick baby who is much less cranky after having his smoothie for lunch and going outside for a bit. He has Hand, Foot, Mouth disease though, so no playing at the park or anywhere near other kids unfortunately. We had a great Christmas and New Year's, but after doing so much and seeing so many people it's no surprise he's now sick. I took him to the Dr yesterday and although she told me what I already assumed, I'm happy I took him since it ruled out the possibility of allergies. Although the rash/blisters are difficult to see all over my precious little boy's face, I'm relieved it's not a long term issue.

As sort of a New Year's resolution I signed up for FlyLady which is a great website set up to encourage and challenge you each day to take control of your life through keeping your house clean and yourself on a routine. I mainly like the daily challenges and although I haven't been doing them exactly the way suggested I take bits and pieces and once I accomplish these tasks I feel so much better! Yesterday I thoroughly wiped down all of my exterior doors and windowsills (that I could reach). When I went outside after doing it I couldn't help but smile at my dust and cobweb-free doors. This morning I started the day with wiping down all of my kitchen cabinets. They're white and although didn't really appear dirty, once they got a good wipe-down they are sparkling! She says she wants your house to "hug" you when you walk in, and doing little things like these really make me feel loved when I walk in my house, which I guess is a good thing :)

Well I guess that's it for now. I promise I'll be back sooner than last time :)

I almost forgot!! Here's a link to Tom's blog, TomDraws check it out and follow him and leave comments :)

No comments: